Occupational medicine is the medical specialty that is involved in supervising and maintaining the health and work capacity of workers, studies the human-work relationship and the adaptation of work to man and man to work, preventing, detecting and dispensing occupational and occupational diseases.
The most common procedures for this medical specialty:
- Issuance of the aptitude sheet / medical examination at employment - determines if the employee is fit for his / her job
- Periodic medical control - health reassessment
- Medical examination at the resumption of activities - when the professional activity was interrupted for over 30 days due to medical reasons
- Organizing and participating in professional risk assessment
- Professional reorientation for occupational diseases and chronic diseases